Pastoral Care

Please see our sacraments page for Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Matrimony, and Annointing of the Sick.

Communion for the Sick and Homebound

Parishioners who are severely ill or in need of anointing or prayers for the sick can receive Eucharist, usually once a week,  in their own home.  This is a wonderful ministry, with a commitment for sure.  If you are in need of Communion, or would like to become a Eucharistic Minister, please contact our Trish David in the parish office. 


If a parish family wishes to have a funeral at St. Madeleine’s, please call Loretta Wright as soon as practically possible and before the time and date are set with the Funeral Director. The arrangements can then be made with the best possible availability of clergy, music and reception support. Both funerals and memorial services are available and the parish is happy to host a reception following the Mass. Please contact our Loretta Wright Sursely for more information.

Visit our Funeral Ministry Page for information on upcoming Funerals.


Pastoral Resource and Referral

Parishoners who need referral to parish ministries, community services or personal consultation for concerns and challenges such as senior citizen outreach, chronic illness, life transitions, grief and bereavement, parenting issues, academic and learning challenges, and individual spirituality and growth. Office visits are offered for evaluation, supportive counseling, information and referral to parish and community resources.

Please contact our Pastoral Resource Coordinator, Trish David, 425-747-6770 ext. 126, or email

Grief Ministry

Blessed are they who mourn…For they shall be comforted.

In scripture we hear God’s call to respond to each other in our times of need. Bereavement and Loss can present very challenging moments in our lives that often times we cannot address ourselves. This ministry was created to offer grief support to help our parishioners after the death of a loved one.

If you have experienced the loss of a loved one , we would like to offer you a time to listen and share.  For more information, please visit our Grief Ministry Page.


The Church makes it possible for a formerly married person to seek a decree of Nullity from the Tribunal and thereby be free to enter into a marriage in the Church. In general, the time requirement for a Formal case is 12 to 10 months. Necessary paperwork plus a new copy of your certificate of Baptism, a copy of your civil divorce decree and a copy of the marriage certificate will be required. We are available as Advocates to assist you with the preparation of the case.

The process can be both painful and life giving. Many people who have completed the process report a wonderful sense of having put a painful part of their lives to rest. Please contact Loretta Wright Sursely with any questions you might have about your situation.